Please be informed that our last meeting was on January 28 ,2020 and included a training session on how to administer life saving procedures for individuals that have overdosed on opioids. The public was invited to attend at the Merrick Golf Clubhouse. The agenda included the following;
Town of Hempstead 7-8pm NARCAN training & certification Presented by Councilman Chris Carini and Councilman Anthony D’Esposito Elected Officials and Police
Officers from the 7th & 1st Precincts will be attending to give updates. SMCCA 8-9pm Anti-Semitism Discussion Followed by public discussion about Anti Semitism in relation to International Holocaust Remembrance Day commemorating the tragedy that occurred during World War 11.Elected Officials and Police will be attending.Public welcome to attend.
SMCCA YOUTH CLUB PIZZA PARTY
The South Merrick Community Civic Association (SMCCA) Youth Club hosted a Pizza Party on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 4 pm at the Merrick Golf Clubhouse, 2550B Clubhouse Road. All students were welcome to attend to learn more about joining this new and exciting club while volunteering for our community. All residents were welcome. For further information please call Tricia at 917 570-2730
Police Dept Public Forum Nassau County Police Dept. 7th Precinct Problem Orienting Police (POP) Unit invited our residents & members to a public forum on Thursday, December 19, 7 pm that was held at the Seaford Library, 2234 Jackson Avenue, Seaford.
Previous meeting was November 20 2019 7-9 pm
AGENDA————SMCCA YOUTH CLUB Update/organizational
Friends of Cammanns Pond
*COMMUNITY UPDATES*Interaction with Chamberof Commerce ( Welcome to Merrick signs, Holiday lighting & Celebration )
Merrick Road Construction
Busy Bee CleanersContamination
Previous Meeting was Wed Oct 23, 2019 Meet the Candidates 7- 9 pm
Joint meeting with neighboring Civic Associations
The South Merrick Community Civic Association, North Merrick Civic Association, South Bellmore Civic Association and North Bellmore Civic Council Candidates hosted the meeting on Wednesday, October 23, 7-9 pm at the Merrick Golf Clubhouse located at 2550B Clubhouse Road, Merrick. Candidates invited include those on the ballot for District Attorney, Town Supervisor, Town Clerk, Receiver of Taxes, County Legislator and Town Councilperson. All residents were welcome. Free admission, refreshments were served.
Previous meeting*Monday September 23, 2019
Merrick Golf Clubhouse
1. Presentation/ Community Service Award to recipient Craig Allen http://liherald.com/stories/merricks-resident-meteorologist-craig-allen-to-be-honored-by-civic-association,118247
2. SMCCA YOUTH CLUB update
3. Update on recent graffiti on buildings within our community.
4. Recruitment for residents wishing to join “Friends of Cammanns Pond” and condition updates.
5. Updates from Community Improvement Committee
Chair Alan Jasper
See pages on Post Office Planters, Spring Clean Sweep, Wynsum Ave Park, Clubhouse Rd Garden and Julian Lane Park Updates for pictures of our activities and accomplishments. Tabs at top of page under MORE.
Our annual Spring Clean Sweep was held on Sunday, May 19, 2019 10 am Cammanns Pond Park All residents were welcome to participate & included Scouts, students and other youth groups. .
The Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting of our beautiful playground at Wynsum Avenue Park was on Sunday, April 28, 2019 . Joe Baker & Councilwoman Erin Sweeney at Ribbon Cutting
February 26- 7th Precinct (POP) Problem Oriented Policing attended and reported to the Community. Also officials from NY American Water attended to update residents about water conservation & other matters.
July 30 Regular SMCCA Member Meeting - Everyone & Public were all invited. The South Merrick Community Civic Association met on Tuesday, July 30, 7 pm at the Merrick Golf Clubhouse. The Agenda included the following:
1. Problem Oriented Policing (POP) Unit Officers from the 7th Precinct answered any questions from residents.
2. Legislator Steve Rhoads gave an update pertaining to recent construction on Merrick Road.
3. Residents discussed recent variance application submitted to TOH BZA for upgrades at SALT Restaurant. All residents were welcome to attend. Refreshments were served.
August 27 7-9 pm Merrick Golf Clubhouse
1. agenda included introduction of new Board Members)
2. Planning/discussion for formation of SMCCA YOUTH CLUB
3. Recommendations for “ Community Service Award”